Labels

Monday 2 November 2015

Research: Questionnaire - Miss Begum

What is the importance of Primary Research?

The importance of Primary Research is that we get our own perspective using our ideas and structure to create a pathway for different possible ideas for an opening. With feedback from the audience i have questioned I'll be able to learn and understand their ideas and what I can do to my own ideas to create something based on my creativity and their opinions. The purpose of feedback is to create a suitable opening generated from your ideas and ideas of those that took part in the questionnaire, you also use feedback as a way to improve and know what to add or include in your movie.

There are advantages and disadvantages to Primary Research. Several advantages of Primary Research are that you gain clearer and direct feedback from audience, you also receive loads of relevant feedback from the audience that answered the questionnaire. They allow you to handle data in a more organized way, and gives you the chance to make more key decisions based on the data collected.
The disadvantages of Primary Research are that it may take a lot longer than Secondary Research and can slow down generation of ideas due to this as you have to take a lot of time collecting data and organizing them as such. Also the person taking part may give false information which could affect the data in a minor way not too impacting but still lead to less accurate data and more false information.

I gave my questionnaire to 20 people from the age range of 11 and older or more accurately the year groups year 7-11 and a few teachers in the school being mindful of not asking for their age so that the answers could be a bit more spread out and not one sided. I didn't however spread it out equally amongst genders I just gave it to whoever I came across in terms of teachers and reliable students.



Conclusion
Based on the data I have collected from my Primary Research I will now use this to help me generate ideas towards my narrative structure and what my opening may consist of. The feedback will also help me if I get stuck on ideas as I have a basic idea of what the audience wants to see and what the audience doesn’t like or want to see. This can be used to good effect as my opening could be deprived from the different opinions I received instead of it all just coming my plans and ideas. 




1 comment:

  1. Proficient research here in order to help the planning of your thriller product. Clear to see you have thought about who would fill out your questionnaire and looked at the concept critically.

    To improve;
    -think about the questionnaire layout some more
    -provide an image of the second half of your questionnaire

    ReplyDelete