Labels

Monday 9 November 2015

Research: Questionnaire Results - Miss Begum

From the questionnaires i conducted i made graphs on my results and these are my data findings from the people i asked. I will use the feedback from the data collected to have a basic thought of my final idea.

This helps with audience age and target audience as then I will know who will be watching my thriller and get a better understand on what that age group likes more in films and more specifically thrillers. The majority of people that filled it out are the conventional audience for a thriller.

Helps with target audience as I can get a different opinion from both genders and analyse them to generate an idea using both opinions, e.g. averagely women may feel as if too much violence and graphic scenes are can psychologically damage the viewer, whereas the men may feel as if action is what is needed in a thriller film to give it that extra edge and not really be affected by anything psychologically.

This helps as I would know what my target audience do during their day and if they have enough time to watch thrillers which will also give me an insight into if they don’t have time to do so then they are not ideally the best recipients for effective feedback.
Helps as I would prefer a better opinion from people who have actually watched a thriller film compared to those who have not. However, their feedback may not be useful as it won’t really have a noticeable effect on my thriller opening, it’s just down to who will be able to notice what makes my thriller good from their experience of other thrillers.
Here I asked about who I considered conventional characters according to the thriller genre in terms of their representation. The majority of people said that they knew of Morgan Freeman in thriller roles. This feedback has been beneficial to me because I may now want my protagonist character to be an older black man who is going to potentially solve the puzzle that arises from my opening.  
With this I will have a better idea on what sub-genre to add to my thriller opening and further give me knowledge of which thrillers with action as a sub-genre to look at and get a better idea of what to include in my thriller. Using this I now understand what sub-genres may be popular to include and instead of following down that path I may choose to use Sci-Fi as a sub-genre.
From the research here most of the people that answered have seen thriller films and only a few have not seen thriller. This can help in my research as open questions will give a better idea of content.
From the research conducted the theme of controversy and revenge is more seen and known of in thrillers as opposed to psychological and temptation may be due to the fact that it is hard to depict what  temptation and psychological themes consist of, as thrillers with a revenge theme may have more action.
The age certificate that people would apply to thriller films based on my research is PG due to the fact that some scenes may be unbearable for a young audience to handle on their own and may require an adult to help them deal with this.
From the research here the favourite character in a film is the anti-hero averagely based on the results gained from my questionnaire. People answering aged 16-21 years preferred anti-hero over hero and antagonist and the modern anti-hero may be a cause of this as the likes of Batman have a very large fan base.
The type of lighting preferred here is dark lighting as we can see here, younger audience preferred the use of high and bright lights whereas the older audiences preferred more darker low lighting to apply in their thrillers as opposed to medium and high.
This would help me in knowing and getting a better idea of where to locate my thriller and what other settings will have an impact on the scene and the angle of the camera to have an effect the thriller.
With the information here that majority of the people that conducted my research would apply a soldier attire to their protagonist I can now dive into the idea of applying military gear to my protagonist in my opening due to statistics gathered. Other option is casual as that is a common convention in thrillers.

With the information taken from this data i will be able to collate a general idea on how to conduct my research to use this information to my advantage. This can also help me in terms that other people's idea and opinion blended in with mine can help to create a possible masterpiece and therefore create the path for a final idea of my thriller opening.

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you have tried to collate your data here, but it seems to be unclear to read at times. A proficient response to the task though as it is clear that you have been able to analyse your data.

    To improve;
    -make clearer decisions from each graph

    ReplyDelete